We've made some great progress for the people of Arden Hills, Mounds View, Shoreview, and Spring Lake Park as well as the rest of Minnesota. It's been my honor to represent you at the capitol, and I look forward to building upon the progress we've made.
- Streamlined governance for Minnesota credit unions giving them greater authority to improve their operations, and protect their members from fraud and harassment.
- Sought $250,000 scholarship funding for Mounds View school district teachers to achieve their concurrent enrollment teaching certifications as part of the Pathways to Possibilities program.
- Introduced legislation to establish sexual exploitation prevention education for students. I championed this bipartisan effort on behalf of Girls United, a group of high school students working with a The Link, a nonprofit to help victims of sexual exploitation and prostitution.
- Introduced funding for security assessments of public school buildings and policies to make sure our schools are a safe place for students, staff, and the public.
- Introduced bipartisan legislation to establish dyslexia screening for kindergartners and teacher training to help identify students with learning challenges early. Early detection is key to ensuring a productive learning environment for all students and to provide teachers and families with the tools to help their students maximize their educational opportunities.
I am humbled that you have chosen me to represent you at the capitol. I hope to continue working across the aisle to find common-sense solutions to tough problems. As always, my door is open to you anytime to hear and discuss your concerns for our community. Together, we can continue the progress we've made and help make our community even stronger.
I humbly ask for your vote this November.
MN House - 42A